Certified Specialist for IP law
Field of activity
Drug advertising law
Licensing and distribution
Patents and utility models
Pharmaceutical and medical law
Trademarks and other signs
Unfair competition law
Benedikt advises on all questions of intellectual property and copyright law. The focus of his work is on out-of-court advice and procedural representation in the field of unfair competition including the law on the advertising of pharmaceuticals as well as trademark, design and copyright law.
Benedikt has proven expertise in the field of advertising law and the legal design of online shops. His main areas of practice include the legal support of advertising campaigns as well as strategic advice following attacks by competitors or associations. In addition, Benedikt provides comprehensive advice in all other areas of intellectual property law, e.g. in the drafting of license and distribution agreements. He is also regularly involved in reviewing the admissibility of general terms and conditions and in defending general terms and conditions clauses against claims under the German Injunctions Act.
Benedikt is a specialist lawyer for intellectual property law. In 2015, he was in charge of intellectual property rights within the framework of a secondment in the legal department of a leading European operator of DIY stores and garden centres. During his legal clerkship he worked for bock legal and another law firm in Frankfurt am Main specialising in trademark and unfair competition law. Benedikt studied law at the Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg and worked for several years at the Institute for Information Law at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). Benedikt is a lawyer since 2012.
- OLG Frankfurt, Beschluss v. 25.9.2020, Az. 6 U 57/20: Deutsche Gerichte international unzuständig für Unionsmarkenverletzung auf italienischsprachiger Internetseite - Entscheidungsbesprechung, in: GRUR-Prax 2020, 618
- EuG, Urteil v. 16.10.2018, Az. T-548/17 - Entscheidungsbesprechung, in: GRUR-Prax 2018, 550
- BPatG, Beschluss v. 05.10.2017, Az. 30 W (pat) 23/15 - Entscheidungsbesprechung, in: GRUR-Prax 2018, 282
- German Association for Intellectual Property and Copyright Law (GRUR)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- German Anti-Counterfeiting Association (APM)